Saturday, January 10, 2009

Milk




Dom and I have always said that we are prepared and ready to take care of a baby - six weeks younger than Rhys is. As soon as we get really comfortable and confident with a stage - it changes.

Take bottles. Getting Rhys to take a bottle was a family effort - one that my brother Christopher had to witness. After months of taking milk out of a bottle - now there is this whole cup thing. Mom friends tell me that at 12 months they threw out the bottles and that was that. We haven't had our one year doctor appointment yet, but I am sure there may be some disapproving looks when I tell him that Rhys is still on the bottle.

Sigh, if only it were that easy with this stubborn one.

Believe me - I have tried - and if there is one thing Rhys wants these days it is milk in a bottle, not a cup. Cups have been thrown across the room, and the tears have been rampant.

What I know now, that I didn't one year ago - is that stages do change and some day soon he will be sucking from a sippy contently, and I will be worried about the next change to come.

Enjoy a few pics of our little one...now a toddling, toothy, one year old.

No comments: